Re: glibc-ports-2.12.1 tarball

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> wrote:
> ? > already some days passed since the release of glibc 2.12.1.
> ? > May someone add a glibc-ports tarball for it in the glibc ftp?
> ? >
> ? > Thank you in advance,
> ? > Lluís.
>
> ? I don't think anyone knows what's going on.
>
> ? See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2010-09/msg00014.html
>
> Making the tar balls is effortless, I do not understand what the
> problem is if someone makes a tag. ?I can upload a tarball (I have
> access to sourceware.org, and ftp.gnu.org) if someone who maintains
> glibc-ports acks.

Alfred,

If the tarball is based on the tag glibc-2.12.1 made on August 4th by
Joseph Myers, then please upload. My apologies for not replying
sooner.

The community needs a global ports maintainer to step-up and commit to
organizing all of the activities required for the community to
function.

At the present time I'm not ready to commit to being the person that
organizes ports, but I've thought about it from time to time. I'll
think about it again in the new year :-)

Thank you very much for helping the community.

Cheers,
Carlos.