Re: MIPS: getpagesize, PAGE_SHIFT, and PAGE_SIZE

On 11/23/2010 12:24 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
> Can someone explain what having __ASSUME_AT_PAGESIZE defined actually
> means? Is it correct that it's defined on MIPS? If so, can't we just
> #include the generic Linux implementation instead of ia64, or better
> yet, just delete MIPS' getpagesize.c?

_ASSUME_AT_PAGESIZE means "assume the kernel has included the AT_PAGESZ
entry in the auxv area that lives above argc+argv+env at program start".

Given that this entry is added by generic code in binfmt_elf.c, yes it
is correct that it's defined on MIPS.

> Also, PAGE_SHIFT (and by extension PAGE_SIZE) are defined as constants
> on MIPS. This is clearly wrong, as MIPS supports multiple pagesizes.
> What can we do about this?

Delete the relevant entries?  That's what ia64, sparc, powerpc seem to do.

r~