Re: Use of -Wl,-r

> What's the rationale for this change?  It looks to me like it will break
> compiler specs that rely on testing for -r to behave correctly - in
> particular, the ARM BE8 spec in config/arm/bpabi.h, where it's generally
> necessary for final links to have --be8 but relocatable links not to have
> it.

Hmm, ok.  I can take it out.  The rationale was that gcc documentation does
not say that -r is an option it groks at all, so it seemed like it might be
some sort of happenstance that it just passes it through to ld.  That is,
gcc passes unrecognized options through to every pass, to passing -r along
might just have been from that.  But I see now that -r is in fact
recognized in the link_command spec, even though this is not documented.

Thanks,
Roland