Re: armv5tel not supported; interested in developing a port

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Geoff Manning
<geoff.manning.sd@gmail.com> wrote:
> to be honest, I wasn't sure who to direct this to. I have a Marvell
> Kirkwood mv6282 1.6Ghz ARM Processor (Marvell ARMADA 300) which comes
> up as armv5tel in the machine var. I'm determined to get glibc
> compiled on this processor, but I don't know where to start. I've been
> programming for years but I'm new to unix and troubleshooting compile
> issues on such a low level. Any direction would be greatly
> appreciated, such as books to read, good reference sites, etc.

You should use one of the well established system builders, don't go
building everything
yourself. There is a lot to learn. For example have you looked at
crosstool-ng? Have
you looked at OpenEmbedded? I suggest starting there if you want to do
something with
your board.

Cheers,
Carlos.