Re: [ARM] *context routines

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:

> One question I have is whether the offset definition header
> that I've created in ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/sys/ucontext_offsets.h
> for inclusion in the asm is in the right place, and if there is a good
> way to do a build time test that the offsets haven't changed.

The normal way of doing that sort of thing would be to have a file
ucontext_i.sym with

ifeq ($(subdir),stdlib)
gen-as-const-headers += ucontext_i.sym
endif

in an appropriate makefile, unless I've misunderstood what you are trying
to do.

> +	@ Now restore GPRs that __sigprocmask may have overwritten

Why would it overwrite GPRs that __getcontext (or any other function)
isn't permitted to overwrite?

> +extern void __setcontext_orexit_r4(void);

Watch out for GNU Coding Standards spacing, here and elsewhere.  Space
before "(void)", spaces around binary operators, "long *var" instead of
"long* var", comments should start with a capital letter and end with
".  " (two spaces).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com