Re: glibc am33 and cris architectures

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> I've long been out of touch WRT am33, but I finally brought this up
> within Red Hat folks that are involved with it.
>
> Mark Salter volunteered to contribute the updates he'd worked on, but
> that had failed to be contributed because I failed to review the TLS
> support patches for GCC and binutils (sorry)
>
> So, instead of removing the port, I suggest we name Mark maintainer of
> the am33 port.  Any objections?

I haven't seen any objections; obviously some pretty large patches will be
needed to bring the port up to date, replace the Linuxthreads port by an
NPTL port and generally update sysdeps files for several years of libc
changes that involve all-targets updates, so they are in sync with the
libc versions again.  And then he'll need to keep a watch on libc commits
for any that require am33 updates to keep am33 in sync, and make such
updates to the port as and when such libc commits are made.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com