Re: Ports state for 2.16 regarding global changes

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Mark Salter wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 15:52 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > * am33: generally massively out of date and I have not tried to
> >   identify specific changes needed.
>
> I have been working on getting this updated. ATM, I'm blocked waiting on
> a fix for a bug in the gcc patch adding am33 tls support. I expect to be
> past this sometime next week so I can actually start testing things.
>
> Would it be helpful to go ahead and post the glibc patches now or wait
> until I get them tested?

I think it makes sense to post them now.  I guess you'll have a small
patch to libc - adding new relocations to elf.h - which should be sent to
libc-alpha and should be safe even during the freeze, and the rest should
be for ports.  If the patches pass review then I think we should give you
write access and make you am33 maintainer so you can apply further am33
patches without prior review - given the present state of am33 support
(i.e. not substantively maintained since 2004), the changes are hardly
going to make things any worse.

(Updates to libc's README and NEWS files of course wait until the port is
actually working.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com