Re: [patch, mips] More mips memcpy improvements

On 29/11/2012, at 7:53 AM, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 09:46 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>> I will note that I'm not comfortable pushing a patch like this so
>> close to the 2.17 freeze.
>>
>> My preference would be that 2.17 goes out the door, then once the
>> freeze is over we put this patch into trunk and then everyone can test
>> it and ensure that what we get is continual incremental improvement.

I second this.

>> Cheers,
>> Carlos.

>   I haven't run the glibc testsuite
> with this memcpy, I used a combination of memcpy specific tests I wrote
> plus GCC testing for verification.  I will run the glibc testsuite
> today, it hasn't been clean in the past for me (before I made any
> changes) and I don't expect it to be so now but I will report on my
> results when I have them.

You don't need to have clean test results; as long as your patch doesn't cause any new failures, it is fine.  [Of course, this is assuming that the testsuite is functional, i.e., >80% tests PASS.]

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics