Re: PI mutex support for pthread_cond_* now in nptl

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Richard Henderson wrote:

> Any chance we can move these macros into a generic linux header?
> Given that we're using INTERNAL_SYSCALL macros, the definitions ought to be
> the same for all targets.

Generally most of lowlevellock.h should probably be shared between
architectures.  (If some architectures don't implement a particular
feature as of a particular kernel version, that's a matter for
kernel-features.h and __ASSUME_* conditionals.)

There are however two different groups of those headers, those where e.g.
lll_futex_timed_wait ends with

  INTERNAL_SYSCALL_ERROR_P (__ret, __err) ? -__ret : __ret;

(e.g. powerpc) and those (e.g. s390) where it just ends with a call to
INTERNAL_SYSCALL and relies on the return value of INTERNAL_SYSCALL being
the correct return from the macro.  I'm not sure whether those differences
actually serve a useful purpose or whether the return value of
INTERNAL_SYSCALL differs in a relevant way between architectures.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com