Re: [Patch, mips]: Add support for FR=1/o32. Update implemention of setjmp/longjmp

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> incompatibilities should be detected by the dynamic linker, not "need to
> be recompiled".  I suggest looking at Maciej's NaN changes as a model.

Sorry, I see your "need to be recompiled" was about old -mfp64 binaries,
which indeed we don't need to care about.  But we *do* need to ensure
incompatibilities between o32-fp32 and o32-fp64 binaries / shared
libraries are detected, which means doing similar things to Maciej's patch
to check ELF flags, distinguish libraries in ldconfig and arguably use a
different dynamic linker name (or two such names, if o32-fp64 is supported
with both NaN variants).  (New dynamic linker names mean changes to specs
in GCC, but those changes should be small and so fine even in development
stage 3.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com