Re: libffi header bug? (.../libffi-1.20/include/ffi.h.in)

(first, let me apologize for the slow response!)

William wrote:
> I use the libffi package a lot (I use it to implement foreign
> functions in a lisp-like language), and it really works very well, so
> thank you for writing and maintaining such an excellent free package.

Cool - thanks.  Lots of people helped, and hopefully will continue to
help.

> Along the way, I think I have noticed a bug with the sizes of certain
> variables types, caused by the declarations in the file:
>
> .../libffi-1.20/include/ffi.h.in

> I attach an example of how I believe this problem can be fixed (the
> example is for lib-ffi-1.18, but the header file hasn't changed much
> so it gives the right idea).

Yes - I think this is the way to go.  There are other problems with
the headers.  For instance, configure modifies the headers based on
the target before installing.  This is bad.  It would be best if there
were some reliable way to determine some of this without resorting to
configure magic.  Supporting both GCC and SGI's compiler under Irix
complicates matters.  One solution would be just to drop SGI tool
support.

I'll see about fixing the headers up over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California