Re: Emotional judgments (was: ANNOUNCE: Ffidl 0.1 Alpha)

that has been posted as well.

Roger E Critchlow Jr <rec@elf.org> writes:

> Libffi compiled, after much trickery involving config.status, with
> only two modifications to sysv.S, deleting the lines:
>
>         .type    ffi_call_SYSV,@function
> and
>         .size    ffi_call_SYSV,.ffi_call_SYSV_end-ffi_call_SYSV
>
> whose purpose I don't know.  I'm rebooting into Windows today for
> another try.

It's ok to delete these two lines.  I know someone had it working on
Windows with mingw32 once before.

> The question of timing Tcl code has me, you'll excuse the expression,
> really ticked off.

FYI - development snapshots of libffi 2 have an interface that is
slightly faster on some architectures (x86 in particular), and a
closure mechanism for callbacks - both of which we are using in the
gcj runtime (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java).

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California