Problems assembling libffi/src/x86/sysv.S with Solaris 8/Intel native as

I've just tried to bootstrap GCC 3.0 with --enable-libgcj on
i386-pc-solaris2.8 and the native assembler.  After fixing two unrelated
problems, the build failed when trying to compile libffi/src/x86/sysv.S,
for two different reasons:

* The Solaris/Intel assembler (unlike it's SPARC conterpart) can handle
  neither # comments nor # <lineno> directives.  I've fixed the first part
  of this by converting sysv.S to use C-style comments.  This is save in
  any case since that file is passed through cpp first.  The second part is
  easily fixed by passing -P to cpp for .S files.  I'll post a separate
  patch once a full bootstrap if finished.

* The Solaris/Intel assembler doesn't recognize .balign.  I can use .align
  here, but what's the best way to conditionalize this, since some other
  assemblers seem to treat .align N as `align to 2^N', which is not
  desired.

Once the second issue is settled, I'll retest and submit a proper patch.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

Email: ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE