Re: libffi on win32

On May 25, Thomas Heller wrote:

> I'm in the process of moving my package (ctypes) to a hacked version
> of libffi.  It's 99% done, I just need some more time to find and
> fix the remaining bugs.

Do you have an estimate how long will it be before you have a working
version?  (Do you think we should grab what you have now and merge
your updates later, or is it better to wait?)

> <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ctypes/ctypes/source/libffi_msvc/>
> [...]

Um, so I should take all that and slap it in a simple makefile (or one
of those workspace, or whatever MSVC calls them (you can see how much
I use MSVC...))?  Will this produce the right dll for the whole
libffi?  (Just that I didn't see any makefiles or anything similar.)

> I have made a few changes to libffi, the most important is that
> ffi_call_SYSV() and ffi_call_STDCALL() return an integer now, that
> is the delta of the stack pointer before and after the call.  This
> result should be zero, otherwise either the calling convention or
> the number of parameter (bytes) in the function call is not correct.
> I need this info for my package.

So assuming I don't use this change (at least not until it propagates
to the usual libffi), it sounds like I should be able to use this code
as is with my library, right?