Re: libffi - the 10th Anniversary Release

On Jan 29, Anthony Green wrote:
> We're coming up on the 10th anniversary of the last libffi release.
> People are still using it, and gcc doesn't install it as a user library
> -- so perhaps it's time to make another new release.
>
> I've updated the libffi cvs sources with a recent snapshot from gcc.
> It builds on x86 linux as a stand-alone library.

This is possibly a stupid question -- but aren't the main sources in
the gcc subversion repository?

> In any case, I'd appreciate it if people would like to try checking
> out the latest from the libffi cvs repository and build/test it.

FWIW, we (www.plt-scheme.org) recently updated our copy from the gcc
repository, and it builds fine -- we have these patches:

 * We recreated libffi/configure with autoconf version 2.61

 * We changed config/multi.m4 (not inthe libffi directory) to allow
   in-source-tree builds, the change is from line:

     if test "$with_target_subdir" != "."; then

     if test ! -z "$with_target_subdir" && test "$with_target_subdir" != "."; then

 * Removed +live_support in src/powerpc/darwin_closure.S so it builds
   with Mac OS X 10.3