The target is meanwhile available from the FreeBSD svn repo.

Thanks,
Andreas

On 24.06.10 23:29, Andreas Tobler wrote:
Hi AG,

would you mind giving the ok for this patch?

TIA&  Regards,
Andreas

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [patch] Add support for FreeBSD powerpc64
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:15:27 +0200
From: Andreas Tobler<andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
To: GCC Patches<gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,        Java Patches
<java-patches@gcc.gnu.org>, libffi-discuss@sourceware.org

Hi all,

the attached patch adds support for a target which is not yet officially
released.

The motivation of this early feed comes from history. We still have a
lot of libffi users (packages) which use an intermediate libffi version
where the powerpc-freebsd support was not complete. This leads to the
fact that we have to patch all these packages with the right fix. Doing
the support right from the beginning, hopefully avoids this situation.

This target, powerpc64-*-freebsd* does follow the same ABI as powerpc64
linux except that the long doubles are 8 byte instead of 16.

The patch itself is minimal. The only question I have from my side is
this one, in the configure.ac/configure I find an occurence of
powerpc*-*-rtems* this could be expanded to a powerpc64-*rtems* target.
Does something like that exists? If so, does this target really support
libffi?
The question is because of the dg-options in the test cases. If yes,
then I have to rework the options I modified in the attached patch.

If there is not such target, is this patch ok for gcc-trunk/libffi-trunk?

Thanks,
Andreas

Native configuration is powerpc64-unknown-freebsd9.0

=== libffi tests ===

Schedule of variations:
       unix

Running target unix
Using /usr/local/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description
file for target.
Using /usr/local/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file
for target.
Using /home/andreast/libffi-3.0.9/testsuite/config/default.exp as
tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running /home/andreast/libffi-3.0.9/testsuite/libffi.call/call.exp ...
Running /home/andreast/libffi-3.0.9/testsuite/libffi.special/special.exp ...

=== libffi Summary ===

# of expected passes		1624
# of expected failures		10
# of unsupported tests		15

2010-06-03 Andreas Tobler<andreast@fgznet.ch>

	* configure.ac: Add target powerpc64-*-freebsd*.
	* configure: Regenerate.
	* testsuite/libffi.call/cls_align_longdouble_split.c: Pass
	-mlong-double-128 only to linux targets.
	* testsuite/libffi.call/cls_align_longdouble_split2.c: Likewise.
	* testsuite/libffi.call/cls_longdouble.c: Likewise.
	* testsuite/libffi.call/huge_struct.c: