Re: AIX (Was: libffi 3.0.10 release candidate 2 available for testing)

tom honermann schrieb:
On 2/11/2011 6:56 AM, Uli Link wrote:
[snip]

If now it's possible to build libffi with XLC I would prefer this, but
I'm not familar with PowerPC assembly language at all.
It is. I updated the test results wiki page
(http://www.moxielogic.org/wiki/index.php?title=Libffi_3.0.10) with
instructions for building on AIX with xlc for either 32-bit or 64-bit.
Note that I'm not able to run the test suite however since the test
suite appears to require gcc currently.

Have found the source of error for spawning the bogus compiler short help during configure script:
it's the test for -print-multi-os-directory
Wrapping this GCC specific flag into

if test "${GCC}" = "yes" ; then
  multi_os_directory=`$CC -print-multi-os-directory`
  case
  esac
fi

and this error is gone.
I'm not familiar with the GNU autoconf tools, but this should be easy and safe to fix.

--
ULi