another small thing

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Thu Aug 17 13:50:00 GMT 2000

> | but you knew that already.  As far as I've ever been able to tell, local
> | names don't /really/ have to be uglified,
>
> I don't think that is right.
>
> Assume we use `t' instead of `__t'; how do you expect this to work
>
> 	#define t 89070943
> 	#include <standard_header>

I wouldn't expect that to work; here 't' is a global name.

By "local names" I believed he was referring to this situation:

    void some_visible_fn (int __name1)
    {
        int name2;
    }

Here, name2 shouldn't strictly be needed to be uglified, since it can't
collide with names in user land.  The __name1 parameter does, though.
Even so, simply uglifying /all/ the names we use /everywhere/ is probably
a Good Thing.

Phil