Deadlock using cout, again

brent verner brent@rcfile.org
Thu Aug 17 07:27:00 GMT 2000

On 17 Aug 2000 at 15:50 (+0200), Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu wrote:
| Hello.
|
| I'm experiencing a deadlock printing on cout from multiple threads.
| In the following code the secondary thread deadlocks if and only if the

[example snipped]

| GCC cvs version checked out on Thu Aug 17 15:26 CEST 2000
| Standard library:
| libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.0

this is the old(er) c++ library, your code should work as expected with
libstdc++-v3.

| I found a similar thread on this ML. The only solution to this problem
| was compiling GCC with --enable-threads=posix but it is not enough for
| me.
|
| Any suggestion welcome. Thanks for your time,

try configuring the cvs gcc with --enable-libstdcxx-v3 (in addition
to --enable-threads=posix) to enable the _new_ c++ library, which
is being actively worked on.

see: http://sources.redhat.com/libstdc++ for more info.

hth.
  brent

--
Damon Brent Verner                        o      _     _         _
Cracker Jack® Surprise Certified  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)