testresults, linuxppc-2000, powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Mon Nov 27 18:47:00 GMT 2000

In article < Pine.SOL.3.91.1001127173215.13737B-100000@taarna.cygnus.com >,
Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:

> BTW, if other people have results on BSD and Solaris (with
> --enable-debug) please post them.

I was unable to bootstrap on i386-unknown-freebsd3.4 today.  Here was
the failure:

[...]/egcs/zlib/inftrees.c: In function `huft_build':
[...]/egcs/zlib/inftrees.c:291: Internal compiler error in wrap_constant,
                                at simplify-rtx.c:2523
Please submit a full bug report.

I added --enable-debug but I could see that zlib was still going to
fail to build in the same way, so I hand-edited zlib/Makefile to
remove the -O2 optimization (which seems to get bootstrap past the
above problem area).

I have been unable to build a simple test case but the person that
added wrap_constant this morning has been advised.

I will send in results ASAP.  I should have alpha-unknown-freebsd4.2
tested this week as well.

Regards,
Loren