Call for compiler help/advice: atomic builtins for v3

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Sun Nov 6 11:43:00 GMT 2005

Richard Guenther wrote:
> We could just provide fallback libcalls in libgcc
All in all, I think this is really the best solution. For 4.2 Sparc will
also have the builtins available and even if we want that the libgcc
code is equivalent to what is currently available in
libstdc++-v3/config/cpu, that is, not just locks when possible, the
amount of code added to libgcc would be very limited. Then, during the
transition phase we could help ourselves with some macro tricks, but
only temporarily.

Paolo.