[Patch libstdc++] Rewrite cpu/generic/atomic_word.h

Jonathan Wakely jwakely@redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 09:38:00 GMT 2015

On 12/06/15 10:30 +0100, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:

>>> I see.  We should at least update the documentation of those, as the
>>> current one isn't a really portable specification.  If we can, I'd
>>> deprecate them.  Jonathan, what do you think?
>>

>> Yes, I'm in favour of deprecating them. They are GCC-specific anyway,
>> so there is no reason to prefer them to std::atomic_ or __atomic_
>> fences.
>
>I'll treat it as a follow-up.

Sure.

>Can I get an ack for this patch though ? I could backport this as is
>to fix the problems on ARM / AArch64 (PR target/66200) - alternatively
>I'll provide header implementations of the same for the release
>branches.

Yes, OK for trunk, thanks.

I think it's safer if the backport only changes the ARM and AArch64
implementations, at least for now. If no problems are found on trunk
we could consider backporting the whole thing for all targets, but it
may not be worth it if the other targets are working OK.