Re: Java 1.2

Why it is not - Spec for one function requires a try.
"gnu/testlet/java/io/StringWriter/Test.java" requires a try/catch in
sw.close();

The others appear to be a lack of the complete set of sql impliment's
functionality
.
"gnu/testlet/java/sql/Connection/TestJdbc10.java"
"gnu/testlet/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData/TestJdbc10.java"

ALSO running the tests present some interesting results. I ran these tests
on my non-comm port
of SUN's java/jdk.  Its interesting all the "ERRORS" that are related to
the character sets, as well
as some errors in java.text.DecimalFormat.

1) Who deceides what is correct for the character sets ?????
2) Who deceides what is correct for DecimalFormat.  ( documentation or
Current JDK1.2 implimentation?)
3) If there is something inconsistent, do u folks actually inquire ( make
out bug reports ) to sun for their opinion ? ( ie try it on a SUN's port ?
)

gat
BTW, although i have working java/jdk1.2 for linux/i386/DecAlpha - I do
not have access to SUN's testing facility. Since I cannot help with the
GPL/java ports, i believe I can still assist with Tests/and the writing of
them.