This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: significance of double test?
- To: peter at erble dot freeserve dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: significance of double test?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at pasanda dot cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: 13 Mar 2000 19:43:05 -0000
- CC: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
> Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:44:44 +0000
> From: Peter Naulls <email@example.com>
> Ah, perhaps you missed some of my post from quoting - my JVM exhibits
> the exact undesirsable behaviour in the comment you can see above
> before this text - which is really why I made this query.
> My JVM uses JDK 1.1.8 libraries, so if the problem's in that, then
> there's perhaps not much I can do, OTOH, if it's a C/C library issue,
> then I can possibly work around it (and even get the OS developers to
> fix it for the future).
Right. The problem is almost certainly in the underlying C library
routine, and you should easily be able to try doing the same
conversion from C.