Re: 600+ BigDecimal tests

> On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 15:39, Stephen Crawley wrote:
> >   * Some of the other tests check exception message strings, and are
> >     failing because the messages are different.
> >
> > I don't know whether this is a bug or not.  Is Classpath aiming to
> > give the same exception messages as the Sun JDK implementation ???
>
> I don't think so (could be wrong).  I suppose we should remove these
> tests.

Assuming that we are not aiming for identical exception messages, the
correct approach is to change the tests to just check that the
correct exceptions are raised.  (Currently, at least some of them
don't check this!)

BTW.  Has this question been debated / decided in the past?  The reason
I ask is that application code may rely on exception message strings to
discriminate exception cases.  IMO, this is a BAD THING (tm), but in some
cases, the application programmer may have little choice.

-- Steve