Re: [Q] Number of unit tests in Mauve and of assertions in Classpath?

Markus,

Here are some stats for you.

NewJ Library is made up of the Pie Library, which is the foundation layer
for automated object management and approximating Java language features in
C++, and the Core J2 Library, which implements the core Java APIs like lang,
io, util, etc. in C++. Both libraries combined consist of the following:

Total lines: 100757
Comment lines: 22542 (22.372638702% of total)
Source code lines: 53245 (52.844963074% of total)
Blank lines: 24970 (24.782396317% of total)

Number of assertions in Pie Library: 43
Number of assertions in Core J2 Library (java.* packages): 441
Number of assertions in Core J2 Library (private packages): 221

Additionally, the code base includes debug-only sections which take
advantage of conditional compilation inherent in C++.

Number of units tests, coverage, lines: Same as the Java version of Mauve
for the packages and classes we support.

"Assertions not executed by any unit test": We have no quantitative
information on that.

By "over several versions," what should I understand that to mean?
(a) By "over several versions" of NewJ Library, like 0.1, 0.2, 0.3. If so,
that would be very difficult to provide to you.
(b) By "over several versions" of the Java API or specification. If so, NewJ
Library supports 1.2 and some 1.4 features like assertions. Everything is in
the same code base, compile-in or compile-out at build time, so it's all the
same metrics.

For more detailed information, download the trial version from
pure-native.com, read the NewJ Developer's Guide (they're quite detailed and
only around 50 pages), and peruse the included header files and samples.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vargas
http://www.pure-native.com/newj.html