Re: Some issues.. (batch_run and runner script documentation)

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 13:29, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:30, Andrew Haley wrote:
> > Mark Wielaard writes:
> >  > Is it documented?
> >
> > Yeah, right.
>
> :)
> I admit to be guilty of not documenting my batch_run and runner script.
> But a little blurb in the README wouldn't hurt.
> If I promise to add something about my scripts, could you add something
> about yours? At least how to invoke the thing...

OK. I added the following to README:

+An alternative way to compiling and running all tests is the batch_run
+script.  This makes it easy to run all test in one batch without worrying
+wheter all tests compile and/or running them crashes or hangs the runtime.
+
+batch_run and the runner helper script aren't integrated with the configure
+setup yet so you will have to edit them by hand to explicitly set the
+COMPILER variable in batch_run and the RUNTIME variable in runner.
+Optionally you can also change the KEYS setting in batch_run if you don't
+want to run all tests.  You can also set the variable NATIVE=true in
+batch_run when you want to use gcj (without -C) in native mode.
+
+When a test cannot be compiled with the given COMPILER batch_run will
+output FAIL: <testname> COMPILE FAILED and go on with the next test.
+If the runner detects a runtime crash or timeout (runner variable
+WAIT=60 seconds) it will output FAIL: <testname> CRASH or TIMEOUT.

Cheers,

Mark