Re: libstdc++/19207: wstring doesn't work

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 03:42:43PM -0800, Angela Marie Thomas wrote:
>>Angela Marie Thomas <angela@cygnus.com> writes:
>>
>>> What information do you need to know?
>>
>>Does the libc support any wide character stuff?  Especially the
>>iswspace() function and friends?  If this is not the case CygWin will
>>end up in the "wchar_t unsupported" categoryuntil this is fixed.
>
>The libc that we ship with Cygwin is newlib.  However, I believe it
>is augmented by things in winsup.  I've Cc'd the gnu-win32-local
>folks in the event that they can offer you the more specific info
>that you need.

Cygwin relies exclusively on newlib for the wide character support.
Here's what it exports:

mblen
mbstowcs
mbtowc
wcstombs
wctomb

I'm also including the newlib mailing list in this.  Maybe somebody
there is aware of how much functionality is available.

-chris