newlib and TI Cxx (non-IEEE FP)

I am looking at building a toolset for the TI Cxx.  There is a
patch for a partially complete port of newlib to this
architecture (http://dsp.linuxbox.com/c4xgcc.html) but the
Cxx does not have IEEE floating point.

I recall some recent discussions on newlib and floating point but
I can't find them.  Is there any activity going on which might
be helpful for the Cxx?

Ran Cabell <r.h.cabell@larc.nasa.gov> gives me the impression this
is a tough issue.

And ... are there any tests for newlib to help verify correctness
after hacking on the math library? :)

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985