Re: Debugging with ANGEL

I took the insight list out.  That is for the GUI.

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but the code for
do_AngelSWI is outdated.  The correct one is below (a bug I found last year).
Please make the changes and rebuild your newlibs.

I will check later if this is not in the current sources.

static inline int
do_AngelSWI (int reason, void * arg)
{
  int value;
  asm volatile ("mov r0, %1; mov r1, %2; swi %a3; mov %0, r0"
       : "=r" (value) /* Outputs */
       : "r" (reason), "r" (arg), "i" (AngelSWI) /* Inputs */
       : "r0", "r1", "r2", "r3", "ip", "lr", "memory"
                /* Clobbers r0 and r1, and lr if in supervisor mode */);
                  /* Accordingly to page 13-77 of ARM DUI 0040D other registers
                     can also be clobbered.  Some memory positions may also be
                     changed by a system call, so they should not be kept in
                     registers. Note: we are assuming the manual is right and
                     Angel is respecting the APCS */
  return value;
}

I fixed yet another bug last year, with help from Jeff, that prevented program
output to show up (it did not cause any lockups or crashes though).

If after making the correction above you still have problems with stdout and
stderr let me know and I will dig that patch for you (I will check if that one
made to the main repository later today).

Good luck!

Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser