Re: Need information about multilib option of Newlib

Joel Brenner wrote:

> Hi I've just installed Newlib 1.9.0. I'need to install Newlib in
> different version and with different compiler options (ARM-THUMB
> target). Does multilib option can generate a tree of different version
> of the same libs? How it works? Where can I find more informations abaut
> Newlib end multilib?
>
> tanks joel brenner

Joel,

  Multilibs are built automatically for you.  The compiler has a special
option:  --print-multi-lib which gives a list of directory names and options
to use to build multilibs (if applicable for the platform).  It also specifies
which options can be permutated together.  Newlib uses the output of --print-multi-lib
when building to get the list of options it should use/permutate and the assigned names
to use for the subdirectories to store the multilibs.

  When you compile/link and specify one or more of the multilib options (e.g. -mlittle-endian),
the compiler knows the correct subdirectory location of the installed library to use for your
application.

  You can find information on how the multilib options are specified in gcc by looking at the
gcc info files.