Re: MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS and MULTILIB_MATCHES options in t-amr-elf?

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 11:53:50AM +0800, Cliff Tsai wrote:
> Hi:
>
>     When configure gcc and multilib,I must modify the text file : t-arm-elf
>     But in t-amr-elf,MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS and MULTILIB_MATCHES
>     is empty here. But I see t-m68kelf,they are not empty!
>
>     I wanna what these field means!And what "LIBGCC = stmp-multilib" means?

If a compiler supports conflicting options, such compiling for the target as a
little endian system or compiling for a big endian sytem, you need to have to
have different versions of the library compiled for each of the options that
conflict.  Multilibs are GCC's way of providing these alternate libraries,
based on which switches are passed during the compile and link stages.  Some
ports provide multilibs, and some do not.  The MULTILIB_* options are
documented in the gcc manual (gcc.texi in particular).

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304