Re: cygwin/newlib types patchs

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Johnston" <jjohnstn@cygnus.com>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: "Joel Sherrill" <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com>;
<cygwin-patches@cygwin.com>; <newlib@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: cygwin/newlib types patchs

> Robert Collins wrote:
> >

> > Uhmm yes :] I've actually put the cygwin ones in cygwin/types.h, but
as
> > long as it's system specific it doesn't really matter.
> >

> So, what are you proposing?  I still contend that removing all the
system pthread
> types into the sys directories is the clean way to implement this and
the best
> long term solution for adding other system pthread implementations in
the future.
> I don't think overriding the entire types header is warranted.
>
> Unless you have a better proposal, I am going to do this so it would
save me the work
> if as part of your change you simply split the pthread types into
sys/pthreadtypes.h and
> put the RTEMS stuff in the RTEMS directory and the Cygwin stuff in the
Cygwin directory.

> -- Jeff J.

I don't know how rtems is laid out - what I am proposing was
src/newlib/libc/include/sys/types.h includes <cygwin/types.h> (which
only overrides pthreads at the moment)
src/winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/types.h contains the types that were
conflicting with rtems.

Where should I #include the rtems header from?

Rob