Re: powerpc-eabism, strategy for finding crt0.o

On Apr 12, 2001, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

>> I suggest the following:
>>
>> Move the case ${target} from libgloss/configure.in into a separate
>> shell-script fragment, that sets some variable to the (list of)
>> directories in which GCC should search for crt files and libraries.
>>
>> Then, get the top-level configure.in to source this shell-script
>> fragment and add -B$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libgloss/$libglosssubdir(s)/
>> to FLAGS_FOR_TARGET.

> This would be great. Then everything would "just work" with what is
> currently in CVS for libstdc++-v3.

Yep.  I suppose this new config fragment could also set any additional
flags needed for link tests to succeed.  I don't think we need flags
specific for the simulator, since I don't think many embedded targets
have different triplets for simulator or board set-ups.  Presumably,
we only need to be able to link, since, when cross compiling, we don't
run configure tests.  So, simulator-specific flags shouldn't be
necessary.  Right, Geoff?