Re: SuperH DTF connection protocol

Andrew Stubbs wrote:

> The standard setup for newlib on the sh (I don't know about other
> platforms) is to communicate with the outside world (read, write, open,
> ...) using a trap. As I understand it this is something understood by the
> gdb simulator - it does not work on an actual sh chip and board.

It can work with an actual SH chip and board.

I've ported the debug stub to the SH4 twice, and I redirected the traps
to print the printfs inside the debugger using the "O" command (iirc).

Also, I think GDB supports an encapsulation protocol whereby you can
send
private data through the GDB link. It's been a while since I've looked
at the source, so you may want to verify this.

Toshi