Now do I add things to Libgloss?

The general vibe I'm getting from the responses to my recent question
about putting DTF in newlib, combined with some reading up on the subject,
is that I'm coming at this from the wrong direction - I should be looking
at putting the DTF support in libgloss (and possibly not in the netsources
just yet).

However, libgloss does not yet support the SH (at least not properly) -
target-libgloss is explicitly disabled in the toplevel configure, giving
the 'configuration not supported in subdirectory' message.

Presumably this means that all the low level stuff for the SH is still in
newlib (as it is for arm). There is an sh directory in libgloss though.
Does anybody know what this does?

Where can I find full documentation about putting stuff into libgloss?
There is a rather old and brief document in libgloss, but it isn't very
useful for my purposes.

Failing that, could somebody please give some quick directions on what
goes in libgloss, where it should go, how to convince it to build (I might
be able to figure that part out, but if somebody knows that would be good)
and how does this override the existing stuff in newlib (is it just a case
of removing the sysdir entry in configure.host)? I have been looking, and
will continue to look, into the other directories in libgloss for examples
of what I need, but these are quite complicated and very few seem to
follow the same pattern (perhaps there is one hidden in there somewhere),
so I'm not getting very far.

TIA

|  Andrew Stubbs,                   |  E-mail: Andrew.Stubbs@st.com    |
|  STMicroelectronics Ltd.,         |  or      stubbsa@bristol.st.com  |
|  1000 Aztec West,                 |                                  |
|  Almondsbury,                     |  Tel:    +44 (0)1454 462325      |
|  Bristol, BS32 4SQ, U.K.          |  Fax:    +44 (0)1454 617910      |