Re: Port of Newlib/libgloss for 68HC11 and 68HC12

Stephane Carrez wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I'm the maintainer of Binutils, Gdb and Gcc for 68HC11/68HC12 microcontrollers.
> I've ported Newlib and libgloss libraries for these Motorola microcontrollers.
> I'm using this for two years now for the validation of gcc (started with 2.95
> and now with 3.0/3.1).
>
> I would like to donate you that port as well as a few fixes.
>
> I'll send to the newlib mailing list a set of patchs for this.
>
> Let me know if there are any copyright issue.

Stephane,

  The code has a copyright assignment to the FSF, but has a BSD-like license.
To my knowledge, the FSF doesn't accept any code unless it has a GPL license
and newlib does not accept GPL'd code.

  Is there any reason why you cannot assign the copyright to Red Hat or
keep it in your own name?