This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Again newlib with arm / thumb interwork
- From: Bernhard Maeder/Alex Raimondi <wearpos at ife dot ee dot ethz dot ch>
- To: newlib at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 23:36:46 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Again newlib with arm / thumb interwork
A few weeks ago i asked for help to build a newlib which supports
thumb-interworking. That means it has to be compiled using flag
Until now i didn't succeed in building such a lib.
Just be sure if my understanding is right:
- This "interworking lib" is a matter of newlib. It is built while making
newlib and not while makeing gcc or other sutff of gnu tool chain?
- In fact there should be 4 versions of newlib. ARM-newlib (arm code, no
interworking), Thumb-newlib (thumb code, no interworking),
ARM-interworking-newlib (arm code, interworking) and
thumb-interworking-newlib (thumb code, interworking).
To make newlib i extracted newlib-1.9.0 into a directory ./newlib-1.9.0
and made a second build directory ./build-newlib
After configure newlib there is a more or less empty directory arm-elf
(between etc subdir) in build-newlib. After running make a lot of
more configure is done and in arm-elf some subdirs are created (newlib,
What i just tried, was after configure there is a Makefile in
build-newlib. In there is a line defining FLAGS_FOR_TARGET. If i put
-mthumb-interwork newlib seems to compile for interworking.
Don't know if it realy works, because i have some troubles to test it.
But if it's a solution, there must be another one.
Thanks for any hint
Alex & Nuschk