Using newlib in simulators.

Hi all,
         I just got to know about newlib.  I went through some little
documentations of newlib.  Now, I want to use newlib in my simulator,  so
please could I  get the answers for the following :-

1)  Should I write my own system call implementation to use newlib, so that
I can run the application correctly?

2)  If I have to write my implementation for sys calls,  is it just enough
to write into 17 stubs in newlib?  Or should I do something more to use
newlib in simulator?

3)  Is there any other approach through which I can get library support in
the simulator?

Hope you guys can help me out.  Thank you.

Regards,
ptk