autogenerated man pages for newlib

Hi. I'm working on updating some of the documentation for Cygwin.
As some of you know, Cygwin uses newlib for libc and libm. Currently
there is a Cygwin package called "newlib-man" with the version as
"20001118-1" (yes, that's a date from 18 months ago). We'd like to
do away with this package and merge the newlib documentation into the
"cygwin-doc" package.

Now, it appears that newlib used to distribute man pages but now does
documentation in info format. So, what I have done is write a perl
script that takes the /usr/info/lib?.info files and chops them up into
groff-formatted func.3 pages based on the node name in the info files. Nodes
that do not describe a function are put in lib?.3 file. The output is not
perfect, but it makes passable man pages. The script also parses the "Library
Index" node and creates a file with lines like:

cp man3/printf.3 man3/snprintf.3
cp man3/printf.3 man3/sprintf.3

That can be sourced by a shell script.

I would be happy to provide this script to the newlib project in whatever
form if newlib would like to use and support it. Otherwise I am going to put
it in the "cygwin-doc" source package as a special-purpose man page generator.
It has not been released under any licence at this point, though if I
do put it in cygwin I will GPL it.

Thanks.
Joshua Daniel Franklin