Re: newlib.h?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> The recent inclusion of a generated include file in newlib has
> caused this type of problem when building cygwin:
>
> i686-pc-cygwin-g++ -c -g -O2 -MMD -fbuiltin ... autoload.cc
> In file included from /cygnus/src/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include/sys/types.h:20,
>                  from /cygnus/src/uberbaum/winsup/cygwin/winsup.h:34,
>                  from /cygnus/src/uberbaum/winsup/cygwin/autoload.cc:11:
> /cygnus/src/uberbaum/newlib/libc/include/_ansi.h:15:20: warning: newlib.h: No such file or directory
>
> Is this header file really necessary?
>
> cgf

I am able to build a cross-cygwin on my system.  The configuration creates the newlib.h file and
copy it to the targ-include directory which should be referenced when building.  Can you
try reconfiguring or cleaning out your build tree and let me know if that solves your problem.

Regarding the file, it is a todo I have had for a while.  Certain configuration options
have ramifications to the end-user and must be exposed.  Currently, we have been hard-wiring
flags in sys/config.h and configure.host, but that is actually by-passing the configuration
process.  The EL/IX level support I have just added allows configuration
of the library to one of the 4 levels of the EL/IX standard.  In doing this, certain functions
are removed.  An application needs to know what level was configured so as to avoid interfaces that are not present.  I see the addition of other
configuration options to the file in
the future.  For example, the testsuite needs to know if the library is MB_CAPABLE so as
know whether to test the Japanese character set support or not.