Re: ARM memcpy

"J. Johnston" wrote:

> > Joel, there is a problem.  There is an advertising clause in the license that is
> > not permitted.  You will have to either find out if the file has been updated or if
> > there is permission to remove the clause, otherwise you will have to find another
> > source for the file.
> >

> Sorry Joel,
>
> I forgot about the notice: ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change
> until just after I sent this.  There is already permission to remove the clause from the
> files.

Just to clarify in my mind, does this mean that any advertising clause
in code in the
NetBSD, FreeBSD, or OpenBSD tree can be removed if it looks like this:

+ * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
software
+ *    must display the following acknowledgement:
+ *     This product includes software developed by the NetBSD
+ *     Foundation, Inc. and its contributors.

The ftp link you cite allows for removal of this clause:

"     * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
software
      *    must display the following acknowledgement:
      *    This product includes software developed by the University of
      *    California, Berkeley and its contributors."

Does that cover the NetBSD Foundation as well?  Have they made a
separate
statement?

--joel