Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.

>> But, (2) it causes autoconf to barf if an AC_TRY_LINK test appears
>> anywhere in the script being generated.

Alexandre> Please tell me why (2) doesn't make sense.

Alexandre> If AC_PROG_CC_WORKS can't even link a do-nothing program,
Alexandre> how would you expect to get any useful results from
Alexandre> AC_TRY_LINK?

The autoconf code in question completely disables AC_LINK_IFELSE.
However, we know we can successfully do link tests when building
natively.  And, at least in libgcj's case, this knowledge is important
because we use it to make libgcj more functional when built native.

FYI I sent a patch to the autoconf list.

Tom