Re: atoll, llabs and lldiv

Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
Hello.

We've ported three functions from FreeBSD: llabs, lldiv and atoll (all of them are from stdlib/).

They are rather trivial and I didn't test them therefore.

We've added documentation header, please, check it.

Also, I'm not sending a patch to stdlib/Makefile.am since I think it's unneeded.

You should always include a patch for Makefile.am, regardless of how trivial it is. No new functions should be added that are not addressed by the appropriate Makefile.am in some way.

The strtoll.c routine is found in the extended sources and these new routines belong there.

And question: is there any option in Newlib that switches on/off long long support? If so, these functions should be segregated by the appropriate macroses.

At the moment no. The strtoll.c file is already compiled as part of stdlib and it returns long long. There is an I/O option regarding whether vfprintf.c and vfscanf.c should support long long but that does not apply here.