Re: [patch/rfc] Use i686-pc-linux-gnu as the releng target

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:01:33AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

Hello,

GDB, and I suspect binutils, and just possibly newlib (true?), as part of the release process does:
./configure sun4
(it is so that the .info et.al. files can be generated). The problem is that GDB no longer configures for the good old sun4.

This patch changes the system being used from "sun4" to "i686-pc-linux-gnu".

For binutils, can the release engineer give this a wirl.

Works fine.

For newlib, is this logic still used? Can that part of the file be removed?

We don't use it for generating our snapshot releases. If you are building newlib on a native system, you have to specify --with-newlib in the configuration, otherwise, it normally doesn't get built.

Once we've sorted things here I'll see about pushing this upstream into GCC repository (gcc doesn't use this file).

The GCC repository doesn't contain it, either.