Re: [committed] Disable shared cache file more.

On Jan  5, 2004, Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> You'd better document extensively such inconsistencies such that,
>> when they're addressed, we can re-enable the cache, without the
>> risk of urban legends about problems long solved holding it back.

> OK, I'll try.

> How shall I best document this?

Hmm...  `Extensively' may have pushed it too far.  All I wanted was
something that described the failure mode and the recipe to duplicate
it, such that, whenever someone feels like testing whether the problem
is gone, they can revert the change, try to duplicate the problem
using that recipe (that should include a platform name and OS version
number, for reproducibility) and, should it no longer occur, consider
the problem as fixed.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}