Re: [patch, arm] Add support for .init_array

Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Paul,

The Arm eabi requires the use of the .init_array section for running static constructors. The attached patch implements the required startup code for running these.

Tested with cross to arm-none-eabi and arm-none-elf.
Ok?

I am not able to approve this patch, but I do have a couple of minor comments on it...

* We are attempting to move the ARM startup code out of newlib and into libgloss, so your patch to libc/sys/arm/crt0.S ought to be duplicated in libgloss/arm.crt0.S

Yes.

* It is normally OK to omit a patch to auto-generated files (eg newlib/configure, libc/misc/Makernel.in) and instead rely upon the committer to make sure that such files are regenerated.

I don't mind either way. I regenerate the files anyway.

* In my opinion new source files such as libc/misc/init.c ought to include a copyright notice at the start. I know that other source files in the misc/ directory do not have this, so this is just a suggestion.

Again, yes. If you wrote this code yourself, please put in some form of license. A simple example would be:

/*
 * Copyright (C) 2004 YOURNAMEHERE
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this file
 * for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
 * the above copyright notice and this notice appears in all
 * copies.
 *
 * This file is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
 * warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
 */

If you didn't write the code, please describe where you got it from.