how can I compile libc/sys/linux on other platform ?

newlib,您好!
      I want to compile libc/sys/linux on other platform ,such as mips or arm .
	  I got to know libc/sys/linux support only x86 , but if I want it to support mips or arm , what should I do ?
	  I try to add some to Makefile.am and Makefile.in ,configure,configure.in , and it works , I can compile the directory libc/sys/linux , but it seems I can't go father becourse of compile error.
	  is there some ways to make it work ? thanks !

        致
礼!

         吴昊宇
        wulaishiwo@vip.sina.com