Re: dprintf

2005/10/3, Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com>:
> Secondly, it appears you have essentially copied the gnu
> code you posted earlier which will have a GPL license.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. That was my own implementation of
the GNU-semantics dprintf, as opposed to the newlib semantics
__dprintf, which is quite different but unfortunately share very
similar names.

> First of all, no licensing information.

Is it acceptable to assign the copyright to the public domain?

> Thirdly, you haven't addressed reentrancy in your patch

I believe all the called functions (vasprintf, write, free) are
themselves reentrant. Is this function not reentrant then?

> and you're not using the newlib function define macros

What is the purpose of the newlib function define macros, and is there
a newlib hackers reference manual available?

> nor have you added any documentation.

I'll fix this up.

Cheers,
Shaun