Re: Freer.o fix

Balaji V. Iyer wrote:
Hi Everyone,
    I posted a question about the Makefile freezing at freer.o. The problem
I found was that, the mallocr.c does not have a function called freer, and
thus it is freezing there looking for it. I took out the line from the make
file and it seems to work well. I had this problem happening in Newlib
1.13.0.

No, you shouldn't be doing that. freer.o is just the name of the object module. It could be x.o or y.o - it doesn't have to correlate to what is inside the object.

Now, freer.o is a compile of mallocr.c with the special DEFINE_FREE flag set on. Among other things, this compiles the function: _free_r which you want to have.

I would suggest you take a closer look at your compiler. Remember this code builds perfectly fine across a large number of platforms. You might try obtaining the preprocessor output to see what the compiler thinks it is compiling and/or look to see if any fixes have been made to the or32 compiler.

-- Jeff J.

Here is the "diff" of my update:

126,127c126,127
< LIBADD_OBJS = reallocr.$(oext) callocr.$(oext) cfreer.$(oext) \
< 	mallinfor.$(oext) freer.$(oext) mallstatsr.$(oext) msizer.$(oext)
mallocr.$(oext)
---

LIBADD_OBJS = freer.$(oext) reallocr.$(oext) callocr.$(oext)

cfreer.$(oext) \

mallinfor.$(oext) mallstatsr.$(oext) msizer.$(oext) mallocr.$(oext)

154,155c154,155 < #freer.$(oext): mallocr.c < # $(MALLOC_COMPILE) -DDEFINE_FREE -c $(srcdir)/mallocr.c -o $@ ---

freer.$(oext): mallocr.c
	$(MALLOC_COMPILE) -DDEFINE_FREE -c $(srcdir)/mallocr.c -o $@

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,

Balaji V. Iyer.

PS. If you have any questions, please CC me in your response since I am not
subscribing to this mailing list.